Hot Water System Malfunctioning?
Call Now at (03) 9357 2095
Hot water is definitely something that most households today can’t live without. Unfortunately, it is also something that is taken for granted until disaster strikes. When homeowners are left with the predicament of enduring cold showers, this does not lead to the best of times. If you find that your hot water system is malfunctioning, however, the last thing you should do is poke around and try to get it fixed on your own. It’s considered risky to deal with these systems if you don’t have much experience doing so, so make sure you call one of our qualified plumbers to do the job.
What type of hot water systems do we service?
- Electric hot water systems
- Gas hot water systems
- Continuous Flow Hot Water Heaters
What are the services we offer?
- Routine inspections
- Inspection of gas pipes, water pressure and temperature of hot water.
- Cleaning the pilot and burner
- Removing sludge
- Replacements of valves/ thermocouple, gas controller etc.
- And more!
Common water heater problems to watch out for
- Too little hot water- This is a problem that’s usually easily fixed by turning up the temperature on the tank’s thermostat.
- No hot water- If your water heater is gas powered, no hot water would be an indicator that the pilot light has blown out. It’s recommended that you call in a professional to come in and replace the heating element/thermocouple. It’s a simple job that can be done in a moment!
- Smelly water- If you can detect a rotten-egg smell, this is a sign that the water has become infected with some type of bacteria. A particular hack you can attempt would be to allow a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide to sit in the tank for around two hours and then flush it out with clear water. If this doesn’t work, you’d have to call in a pro.
- Noisy tank- Having a noisy water tank could mean several things. If your tank has sediment at the bottom of it, the heating element could be burning it, which means that you need to drain your tank (this is a procedure you’re required to do for the sake of maintenance once a year anyway). It could also mean that the heating element is starting to wear itself out. Then it’s time to invest in a replacement.
- Leaks- Once your tank starts leaking, this is a sign that you need a replacement. The last thing you want is to flood your basement with a leaking tank so at the first sign of a leak make sure to contact our team for immediate assistance.
Hot water system maintenance and repair can be quite the complicated process but you can rest assured that with Access Plumbing as your trusted plumber, your hot water system issues will be short-lived. We are the best at what we do so reach us at (03) 9357 2095 for more information.
Call us today at (03) 9357 2095 and get your free quote!